|Courses||MBBS, B.Sc Nursing, MD/MS, MDS, M.Sc Nursing, etc.|
|Address||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110029
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi is an autonomous institution. It was created through an Act of Parliament in the year 1956. It offers education in medical, nursing and paramedical courses. There are total 100 seats for Indian Nationals in MBBS course. All the courses are approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
The campus is situated in Ansari Nagar, New Delhi. The Institution lies on the southeastern quadrant of Aurbindo Marg & Inner Ring Road crossing. It has separate academic & administrative blocks with all modern facilities.
AIIMS, New Delhi has 8 hostels for UG students (6 for boys and 2 for girls) with a capacity to accommodate 562 students.
It has a comprehensive facility for students, teaching, research & patient-care. There is well-established library with a huge collection of books, e-books, journals, thesis, video & audio cassettes, etc.
The Institution also offers other facilities such as well-equipped computer labs, laboratory, workshops, transport, hospital, parking, sports, cafeteria, gym, etc.
There is also an air-conditioned classroom & a lecture hall with all necessary equipments.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi imparts various undergraduate & postgraduate medical educations in all its branches. The course details are given here:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Optometry
- B.Sc (Hons.) in Medical Technology in Radiography
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc):
- Dental Operating Room Assistant (DORA)
- Dental Hygine
- Operation Theatre Technology (OTT)
- B.Sc (Hons.) in Nursing
- B.Sc Nursing Post Basic
- Doctor of Medicine/ Master of Science (MD/MS)
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- Master in Health Administration (MHA)
- Doctorate of Medicine (DM (6 years)) & Master of Surgery (M.Ch (6 years)):
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Medical Oncology
- Master in Science (M.Sc):
- Reproductive Biology and Clinical Embryology
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Cardiovascular Imaging and Endovascular Technologies
- Master in Nursing (M.Sc in Nursing):
- Cardiological / CTVS Nursing
- Oncological Nursing
- Neurosciences Nursing
- Nephrological Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Master in Biotechnology (M Biotech)
The admission in the MBBS course is based on AIIMS MBBS entrance examination which is organized by the AIIMS, New Delhi.
Admissions into nursing courses are done on the basis of AIIMS Nursing Examination. There are separate examination for B.Sc (Hons.) or B.Sc (Post Basic) & M.Sc Nursing courses.
For admission into MD/MS/MCh(6yrs)/DM(6yrs) & MD (Hospital Administration) courses, aspirants have to apply for AIIMS PG entrance examination.
The examination is conducted for admission to the AIIMS, New Delhi & 14th other AIIMS Institution.
Aspirants have to do one year compulsory internship training after passing the final MBBS examination.
The training can be done in the hospital & rural health centers, which are recognized by the AIIMS. The MBBS degree is awarded only after satisfactory completion of one year internship.