CAT 2020 Registration Last Date has been extended till 25th September 2019. CAT exam is conducted for admission into various management programmes at IIMs. Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level examination. Every year, the examination is organized by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) on a rotation basis. This year, it is managed by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM), Kozhikode. Candidates can check this article to get complete information about CAT 2020 notifications including application, registration, exam dates, eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern, etc.
CAT 2020 Latest Updates – Registration Last Date Extended
CAT 2019 Online Registration Last Date has been extended till 25th September 2019. Click here to register for exam.
CAT Exam Dates 2020
Check this section for official CAT 2020 exam dates schedule:
|Online Registration Starts||7th August 2019|
|Last date for registration||25th September 2019 (5:00 PM) (Extended)|
|Application Correction Starts||September 2019|
|Admit Card Issue||23rd October to 24th November 2019|
|Mock Test Release||October 2019|
|CAT Entrance Exam||24th November 2019|
|Response Release||December 2019|
|Answer Key Availability||December 2019|
|Result Announcement||2nd week of January 2020|
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
The CAT exam eligibility details are mention in this section. Candidates should full fill the given CAT eligibility 2020 before register for the exam.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from the recognized university.
- If candidates have CA/CS/ICWA degrees will also be considered for the exam.
- Pass the above examination with at least 50% or its equivalent CGPA score (45% marks for reserved category).
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
- There will be no age limit to apply for CAT 2020.
CAT Registration 2020
- Candidates, those seeking admission into management course can get the application through online mode.
- There will be no other mode to fill & submit the CAT application form 2020.
- CAT 2020 Registration has been started from 7th August 2019.
- Candidates will register for the CAT 2020 till 25th September 2019 (5:00 PM) (Extended).
- The registration is done with valid & correct personal & communication details.
- Be ready with the scanned images (passport size photograph & signature) in a JPG/JPEG format.
- Candidates also have to upload scanned SC/ST/OBC-NCL certificate, PwD certificate (If any).
- Take a print copy of the filled application for further references.
- There will be no need to submit the CAT 2020 application form via post or any other mode.
- Candidates can submit the fee through online mode (credit card, debit card, and net banking).
- The fee details are given here:
|For all other categories||Rs. 1900|
|For SC/ST/PwD categories||Rs. 950|
CAT Application Form Correction 2020
As compare to last year, this year will also be expected that the application correction facility will be offered by the authority.
- CAT Correction 2020 will be started from September 2019.
- Candidates can make correction through online mode.
- The correction will be made in some particulars such as personal details, i.e. address, sex, category, educational information, work experience, city preferences, city exam preferences, etc.
- The CAT form correction will be done through USER ID & password.
CAT Exam Pattern 2020
In this section, candidates can get details about CAT 2020 exam pattern:
- Mode of Exam: CAT exam will be held through online mode (computer based test) in two sessions.
- Sections: In the examination, there are three sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 180 minutes (3 hours).
- Number of Questions: Total 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Type of Questions: In each section, there will be MCQs as well as subjective type
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of total 300 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be given to the candidates for the correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for Non-MCQs questions. One mark will be deducted for the worng answer in MCQs.
|Sections||Number of Questions||MCQs Questions||Non-MCQs Questions|
|Section I (Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension)||34||24-27||7-10|
|Section II (Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning)||32||24||8|
|Section III (Quantitative Ability)||34||23-27||7-11|
CAT Syllabus 2020
According to the IIMs, there will be no fixed CAT Exam syllabus. Candidates can prepare from the given topics & sections.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension: Analogies, Antonyms, Contextual usage, Different usage of same word, Fill in the blanks, Foreign language words used in English, Grammar, Idioms, Jumbled paragraphs, One word substitution, Para Completion and inference, Parajumbles, Reading Comprehension, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, Syllogisms, Verbal Logic & Verbal Reasoning.
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning: Assumptions, Binary Logic, Blood Relations, Clocks and Calenders, Coding-Decoding, Data Arrangement, Data Structures, Direction Sense, Family Tree, Proposition, Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Series, Sets, Statements, Syllogism & Venn Diagram.
- Quantitative Ability: Bars, Caselets, Data Sufficiency, Line Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables.
CAT Preparation Tips
Before preparing for any examination, candidates must know the best tips & tricks to crack the exam. Some preparation tips are given here:
- Study from good books & material as per syllabus & exam pattern.
- Make short notes where you can maintain all QA formulas.
- Try to solve online mock test & sample papers.
- You have to maintain good speed in calculations. So avoid calculator & start doing mental calculations.
- Stay motivated & utilize your time.
- Practice hard & stay healthy.
CAT Admit Card 2020
- CAT 2020 admit card will be issued through online mode on the website.
- The availability of admit card will be done from 23rd October 2019.
- There will be no facility to send the CAT hall ticket 2020 through any other mode.
- In the day of exam, candidates should bring a valid CAT 2020 hall ticket along with the following Photo ID proof:
- College ID
- Employer ID
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
- Identification Affidavit
CAT Answer Key 2020
- Candidates will get the CAT 2020 answer key in the month of December 2019.
- Before the answer key, the authority will also release responses along with question paper through online mode.
- It may be released in the month of December 2019.
- If candidates find any error in the answer key, they can challenge it before the last date.
CAT Result 2020
- The authority will declare the CAT 2020 Result through online mode on the website.
- CAT Score Card 2020/CAT Result will be released in second week of January 2020.
- Candidates will download their scorecard by entering ‘user ID’ & ‘password’.
- The result will consist of the individual as well as total marks secured by the candidate.
- CAT Scores will be valid only for one year.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD)||15%|
CAT Admission Process 2020
- There will be no centralized CAT counseling/ admission process by the IIMs.
- Each IIM has its own admission procedure for the qualified candidates.
- IIM will generate a separate cut off for the candidates to get admissions in the colleges.
- IIM will intimate the shortlisted candidates for other rounds.
- Candidates have to go through with the other rounds, i.e. Personal Interview, Group Discussions and Written Ability Test.
- At the time of admission, candidates should bring all the necessary certificates and documents.
If you have any query about CAT 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.