CLAT 2020 Examination is conducted for admission in all 21 National Law Universities in India. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam. It is managed by the different NLU on a rotation basis. CLAT exam is organized for admission to the UG & PG law courses. CLAT scores will also be accepted by other law universities/colleges for admission. Through this article, aspirants can get complete information about CLAT 2020 including application form, exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, admit card, syllabus, etc.
CLAT 2020 Exam Dates
Applicants can get dates of CLAT entrance examination, including application, admit card, exam date, result, etc. Check tentative CLAT important dates here:
|Online Application Availability||January 2020|
|Last date for Online Application||March 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||May 2020|
|CLAT Exam Date||May 2020|
|Answer Key Available||May 2020|
|Final Answer Key Release||May 2020|
|Result Declaration||June 2020|
|1st Seat Allocation List Release||June 2020|
CLAT Eligibility 2020
Applicants should match the eligibility criteria to fill the application form. The CLAT eligibility criteria are given here:
For UG Courses:
- There is no upper age limit to appear in CLAT examination.
- Applicants must pass 10+2 or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 45% marks (for GEN/ OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI category) & 40% marks (for SC/ST category).
- Applicants who are appearing in the 12th examination are also eligible to apply.
For PG Courses:
- Applicants must have a bachelor degree in LL.B or its equivalent.
- Applicants should score minimum 55% marks for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories & 50% marks for SC/ST categories.
- Applicants who are appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply.
- No upper age limit to apply for PG courses.
CLAT 2020 Application Form
- The application form will be available only through online mode.
- Applicants should fill their details carefully.
- CLAT Application form 2020 required personal details, educational qualification, signature and photograph in soft format & online fee submission.
- CLAT 2020 registration will be started in the month of January 2020.
- The last date to fill & submit the application will be March 2020.
- Fill the preference order for all 21 NLUs carefully at the time of form filling. There will no changes allowed in the NLUs preference.
- The application fee is Rs. 4000 for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and Rs. 3500 for SC/ST/BPL categories.
- The submission of fee will be done only through online mode. The fee is non-refundable.
CLAT Exam Pattern
Applicants can prepare for the examination by following the exam pattern & syllabus. Check this section to know about CLAT Exam Pattern:
For UG Courses:
- The exam will be organized through offline mode.
- The exam duration will be 2 hours (120 minutes).
- In the examination, a total of 200 multiple choice type questions will be asked.
- The question paper will be of total 200 marks.
- One mark will be given to the applicants to correct answer.
- There is a negative marking process for the wrong answer. 25 marks will be deducted for wrong answer penalty.
For PG Courses:
- The examination will be held through offline mode.
- The duration of the CLAT exam will be 2 hours.
- Total of 100 multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination.
- Two subjective type questions will also be asked in the exam.
- The examination will be of 150 marks (100 marks for multiple type & 50 marks for subjective type).
- For the correct response, one mark will be given to the applicants.
- 25 marks will be deducted for the wrong response.
|English, including comprehension||40|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20|
|Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence.||60|
|Two Essay type questions on the topics of law and contemporary issues||50|
CLAT 2020 Syllabus
There are separate syllabuses for UG & PG courses. The CLAT syllabus 2020 covers scope and coverage of questions under different subject areas.
Syllabus for UG Courses:
- English, including comprehension.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability).
- Legal Aptitude.
- Logical Reasoning.
Syllabus for PG Courses:
- Constitutional Law.
- Other Law Subjects such as Criminal Law, International Law, Contract, Torts, IPR, and Jurisprudence.
- Essay on the topics of law and contemporary issues.
How to Prepare for CLAT Exam
For CLAT or any other exam preparation, aspirants should know some tips & tricks to crack the exam. Some tips are given below:
- Aspirants should prepare according to the latest exam pattern & syllabus.
- According to syllabus distribute timing slots to complete that.
- Aspirants should give equal time to each subject for that they can make a schedule.
- Clear all the doubts, take video lectures and notes form the internet.
- Revision is the most important part of the study.
- Above all one has to honest with him/her about the study.
- Solve previous year question papers & take a mock test or online test series.
- And the most important thing do the hard work.
CLAT Admit Card 2020
- Aspirants will get the admit card in the month of May 2020.
- It will be provided only through online mode from the website.
- The CLAT 2020 admit card will be available through login into the account.
- Applicants have to fill their ‘mobile number’ & ‘password’ to download the admit card.
- There will be no facility to get the CLAT hall ticket through offline mode.
- Aspirants should bring admit card along with valid photo ID proof such as Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card/Driving License.
CLAT Answer Key 2020
- Once the examination conducts successfully, the conducting body will release the answer key.
- CLAT 2020 answer key will be published through online mode.
- It may be released in the month of May 2020 after a few days of the examination.
- Applicants will check it through login id.
- If any applicants have an objection regarding answer key, they can contact the officials.
- The authority will release the final answer key in May 2020.
CLAT Result 2020
- Applicants will get their results in the month of June 2019.
- CLAT 2020 Result will be declared through online mode on the website.
- According to the exam score, applicants will be shortlisted for the admission.
- No other mode will be applicable to check the result.
- Applicants can download their CLAT scorecard 2020 to get admission into law colleges/universities.
CLAT Counselling 2020
- CLAT admission 2020 to UG and PG courses will be completed through centralized online counseling.
- It is organized by the CLAT Consortium Office.
- CLAT 2020 Counselling will be held only through online mode.
- The seat allotment will be done on the basis of merit cum preferences.
- The merit list will be prepared through CLAT rank, an order of law college’s preferences, categories, number of seats, etc.
- The authority will release the first indicative seat allocation list in the month of June 2020.
- Total four indicative seat allocation lists will be published by the authority.
- Applicants should pay Rs.50000 as a counseling fee. It should be adjusted at the time of admission in the college.
For any other queries about CLAT 2020, you can ask your comment here.