Delhi University 2019 Admission List has been declared now. Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) is a university-level entrance examination. The university offers admission to the undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D. & M.Phill courses. These courses offer in the field of engineering, management, law, science, commerce, arts, education, etc. DU 2019 admissions into UG courses are based on the 12th merit list & entrance test. For PG courses, 50% seats are filled by direct admission (merit of direct) & 50% remaining seats filled through entrance test & GD/Interview (if any). This year, DU 2019 Entrance Test for UG courses is managed by the NTA. The DU Admission 2019 for medical courses will be done based on NEET Score. In this article, you can check information about Delhi University Admission 2019.
DU Admission 2019 Latest Updates – Admission List Released
DU 2019 Admission List for B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences, B.Tech (IT & MI) & Five Year Integrated Program in Journalism has been released now. Click here to check the admisson list.
DU 2019 Second Admission List for PG Courses has been released now. Click here to check the admisson list.
DU 2019 Result for UG & PG Courses has been released now. Click here to check the result.
For all Delhi University 2019 Admission Updates Check Here.
DU 2019 Result & Final Answer Keys has been declared now. Click here to check the result & answer keys.
Notice: The Post Graduate Admissions scheduled to commence on 17th July 2019 are hereby postponed and the revised schedule shall be notified on 18th July 2019.
Delhi University 2019 4th Cut off for UG Merit has been released now. Click here to check cut off.
DU 2019 Objection Tracker/Challenge of Answer Keys (along with Candidate Response Sheets) for second slot will be available on 11th July 2019. Click here to check details.
Delhi University 2019 3rd Cut off for UG Merit has been released on 9th July 2019. Click here to check cut off.
DU 2019 Objection Tracker/Challenge of Answer Keys (along with Candidate Response Sheets) is available on 9th July 2019 (10 AM). Click here to check response sheet.
Click here to check DU 2019 Objection Tracker/ Challenge of Answer Keys Notice.
DU 2019 Question Papers for PG courses has been released now. Click here to check question papers.
Option to add/update marks on PG Registration Portal is open now. Registered Candidates who have applied to PG courses can login and update their marks. Click here for login.
DUET 2019 Additional Instructions for Candidates regarding Answer Key and Objection Tracker has been released. Check Here.
Click here to check the DU 2019 List of Facilitation Centers.
Delhi University 2019 2nd Cut off for UG Merit has been released on 3rd July 2019. Click here to check cut off.
DU 2019 Mock Test link is also available for practice. Click here for mock test.
Delhi University 2019 Admit Card for UG & PG courses (Entrance Based) has been released now. Click here to get the admit card.
DU Admission Form 2019 1st Cut Off for Science, Arts & Commerce and BA programmes have been released now. Click here to check cut off.
DU Admission Form 2019 Document Verification, Admission Approval & Fee Payment for UG merit based courses has been started from 28th June 2019. Check here for details.
DU 2019 Admission Schedule for UG Merit-Based Courses has been released now. Check Below.
DU 2019 Entrance Test for UG courses is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
NOTE: This is to notify to all the applicants seeking admission to various undergraduate (UG) courses at the University of Delhi that the Registration Portal neither calculate any marks for the “Best Four” subjects nor for any other purpose. Only the marks on a pro rata basis are shown. There is no ‘Online Calculator’; however, ‘Eligibility Check Tool’ will be implemented at the time of Admissions.
Click here to check the notification.
DU Admission Form 2019 Application form for UG, PG & M.Phill/Ph.D courses has been released now. Click here to fill the application form.
Delhi University Courses Offered:
University of Delhi (DU) runs the given courses in different colleges.
|UG Entrance Based Courses||UG Merit Based Courses||PG Entrance Based Courses|
|BA (Hons.) in Business Economics, Humanities and Social Sciences, Multimedia and Mass Communication||BA (Hons.) in English, Hindi, Bengali/Punjabi/Sanskrit/Urdu, Arabic/ Persian, French/ German/ Italian/ Spanish, Applied Psychology/ Geography/ History/Political Science/Social Work/ Sociology/ Philosophy/Psychology, Economics, Hindi Patraikarita, Journalism.||MA in Buddhist Studies, Linguistics, Russian Studies
|Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)||Bachelor of Arts (BA), BA in Vocational Studies||B.Ed, B.Ed Special Education (Mental Retardation), B.Ed Special Education (Visual Impairment), M.Ed|
|BBA in Financial Investment Analysis||B.Voc in Printing Technology, Web Designing, Health Care Management, Retail Management & IT, Banking Operations, Software Development.||M. Tech. Microwave Electronics|
|B.Tech in Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com), B.Com (Hons.)||M.Sc. in (Genetics, Informatics, Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Operational Research, Forensic Science), MA/M.Sc in (Applied Operational Research, Environmental Studies)|
|Bachelors of Elementary Education||B.Sc in Mathematical Sciences & B.Sc (Hons.) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science||Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.ED.), Master of Physical Education (M.P.ED)|
|B.Sc in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports||B.Sc (Hons.) in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Mathematical Science, Anthropology/Biological Sciences/Botany/Microbiology/Zoology, Chemistry/Physics/Polymer Science, Electronics/Instrumentation, Geology, Food Technology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Home Science||LLB, LLM, MCA|
|BA (Hons.) in Humanities and Social Sciences||Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Applied Physical Sciences Analytical Methods in Chemistry and Biochemistry/Applied Physical Sciences Industrial Chemistry, Physical Science with Chemistry/ Physical Science with Electronics), Physical Science with Computer Science, Applied Life Science/Life Science, B.Sc (Pass) Home Science.||M.Sc./M.Sc.- Ph.D. Combined Degree course – Biomedical Sciences|
|BA (Hons.) in Multimedia and Mass Communication||MA in (Lifelong Learning & Extension, East Asian Studies, Japanese, Social Work)
M.Sc in (Mathematics Education)
|BA (Hons.) in Hindustani Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Sitar/Sarod/Guitar/Violin/Santoor)|
|BA (Hons.) in Karnatak Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Veena/ Violin)|
|BA (Hons.) in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj)|
|5 years Integrated programme in Journalism in Delhi School of Journalism|
Delhi University Admission Dates 2019
Applicants should check the given official DU admission dates for UG & PG courses (Entrance & Merit-Based).
For UG & PG Admission (Through Entrance Based):
|Events||For UG Admission (Entrance Based)||For PG Admission (Entrance Based)|
|Availability of Online Application||30th May 2019||3rd June 2019|
|Last Date to fill an application||22nd June 2019||17th June 2019|
|Admit Card Release||30th June 2019||30th June 2019|
|DU Exam Date||3rd July to 8th July 2019||3rd July to 8th July 2019|
|Answer Key Release||15th July 2019
||15th July 2019|
|Result Announcement||15th July 2019||15th July 2019|
|Group Discussion/Interview (If any)||–||July 2019|
|1st Admission List Publish||August 2019||July 2019
|Document Verification & Admission Approval||August 2019||July 2019|
|2nd Admission List Publish||August 2019||22nd July 2019
|Document Verification & Admission Approval||August 2019||22nd July to 24th July 2019
|3rd Admission List Publish
||August 2019||27th July 2019
|Document Verification & Admission Approval||August 2019||27th July to 30th July 2019
|4th Admission List Publish
||August 2019||2nd August 2019
|Document Verification & Admission Approval||August 2019||2nd August to 5th August 2019
For UG Admission (Through Merit-Based):
|Events||For UG Admission (Merit-Based)|
|Availability of Online Application||30th May 2019|
|Last Date to fill an application||22nd June 2019|
|1st Cut Off Publish||28th June 2019|
|Document Verification, Admission Approval & Fee Payment||28th June to 1st July 2019|
|2nd Cut Off Publish||3rd July 2019|
|Document Verification, Admission Approval & Fee Payment||4th to 6th July 2019|
|3rd Cut Off Publish||9th July 2019|
|Document Verification, Admission Approval & Fee Payment||9th to 11th July 2019|
|4th Cut Off Publish||15th July 2019|
|Document Verification, Admission Approval & Fee Payment||15th July to 17th July 2019|
|5th Cut Off Publish||20th July 2019|
|Document Verification, Admission Approval & Fee Payment||20th July to 23rd July 2019|
Delhi University (DU) Admit Card 2019
- The university provide the admit card for the DU entrance exam within a week after the application last date.
- It is available on 30th June 2019 For UG & PG courses.
- The DU admit card 2019 has been issued only through online mode.
- Applicants will not get the admit card through post or any other offline mode.
- Applicants can get the printout copy of the Delhi University hall ticket 2019.
- It will be carried at the examination center along with
- Identity card bearing applicant’s photograph (Aadhar Card, PAN card, Voter’s identity card, Driving License, Passport or College identity card).
Delhi University Exam Pattern
Before exam preparation, applicants can check the DU exam pattern for UG & PG entrance based examination.
For UG Courses:
- The examination will be conducted through online mode.
- The duration of the examination will be two hours.
- The question paper will be multiple choice types.
- A total of 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- The medium of the question paper will be English and Hindi language.
- For each correct response, 4 marks will be allotted to the applicants.
- For incorrect response, one mark will be deducted.
|BA (Hons.) Business Economics, BMS, BBA (Financial Investment Analysis)||Quantitative Ability, Reasoning, and Analytical Ability, General English & Business and General Awareness|
|B.Tech (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovation).||Mathematics, Reasoning and Analytical abilities at 10+2 levels.|
|B.A. Honors (Humanities & Social Sciences)||General Awareness, Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Communication skills (English/Hindi), Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability at 10+2 levels|
|Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)||English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science and Social science up to class 10th level|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honors) in Multimedia and Mass Communication||General Awareness, Media Awareness, Current Affairs, English Comprehension, and Grammatical and Analytical Skills|
|Five Year Integrated Course in Journalism||General Awareness (GK), Media Awareness, Current Affairs, English Comprehension Grammatical and Analytical Skills, Logical Reasoning and Basic Mathematics Skills.|
For PG Courses:
- The mode of examination will be an online mode (computer-based test).
- The exam duration for PG exams will be two hours.
- The question paper will be of multiple choice question type.
- In the examination, total 50/100 questions (as applicable) will be asked.
- The question paper will be asked in the English language
- Aspirants will get 4 marks for a correct answer.
- One mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
|B.Ed Special Education (Mental Retardation)||General Awareness, Reasoning, Language Comprehension (Hindi and English), Subject Knowledge up to the Class 10th level in Social Science, Mathematics & Science.||400|
|B.Ed Special Education (Visual Impairment)||Reasoning & General Awareness, Teaching Aptitude & Sensitivity Towards Disability, Language Comprehension, Subject Knowledge up to the Class 10th level in Hindi, English, Social Science, Mathematics & Science.||400|
|Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)||The test includes questions based on understanding & application concepts in Science, Social Science, and Mathematics at the school level, language comprehension in both English and Hindi, reasoning and general awareness of social, political and economic issues.||400|
|Master of Education (M.Ed.)||It include questions to assess candidates’ understanding of perspectives/foundational courses, educational theory, issues & concerns in education & their analytical and reflective abilities related to the contemporary Indian education discourses.||400|
DU Syllabus 2019
- For UG courses, the syllabus will be comprised of class 11th & 12th standard subjects.
- Delhi University Syllabus 2019 for PG courses will consist of graduation level.
- Applicants should study from the prescribed syllabus followed by the university.
Click here to check DU 2019 Syllabus (UG Courses).
Click here to check DU 2019 Syllabus (PG Courses).
DU Answer Key 2019
- The university will release answer keys along with the question papers through online mode.
- Applicants will check the Delhi University answer key as per their courses.
- It will be available in a pdf format.
- Applicants can check the answer key after one day of the examination.
- If applicants found any error/discrepancy in answer key & question paper, they can register a complaint within 48 hours from the time of answer key uploading.
These reservations and relaxations status is applicable for all courses except B.Voc. Programmes.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7½ %|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
|Armed Forces (CW)||5%|
|Kashmiri Migrants (KM)||5%|
Delhi University Result 2019
- Applicants can check the result for the Delhi University entrance exam through online mode.
- The Delhi University 2019 result will be declared on different dates as per the courses.
- Applicants can check the DU result 2019 in a pdf format.
- It includes the name of applicants, roll number, application form number, gender, category, rank, total marks & obtained marks.
- The seat allotments of courses/colleges are based on the rank secured, an order of preferences, availability of seats, category, etc.
- Selected applicants will be called for the group discussion & interview round, according to the courses.
DU Cut Off 2019
- The cut-off for all programmes/categories (UR/OBC/SC/ST/PwD/KM) will be available through online mode.
- Delhi University Cut Off 2019 is announced by the university on the mentioned dates above.
- The DU 2019 cut-off has been released for merit-based courses.
- The university will announce the category-wise admission list/cut off of finally selected applicants.
DU Admission Procedure 2019
- Delhi University Admission 2019 will be started after the declaration of the result.
- DU counseling will be organized through online mode.
- After the releasing of the cut off list, applicants have to log in to the website & select the course/college where they want to get admission.
- The documents will be verified at the colleges. Applicants will report to the respective college along with a printout copy of the admission/application form, documents/certificates.
- After admission approval, applicants have to pay the admission fee through online mode.
- Applicants can take DU admission 2019 only in one programme and in one college at any given time.
List of Documents Required at the time of Admission
Applicants should carry the following documents in original with two sets of self-attested photocopies at the time of admission.
- Class X Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate.
- Class XII Mark-Sheet & Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate.
- Recent Character Certificate.
- Category Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate from school/college.
- Migration Certificate from Board /University (For those who pass the senior secondary exam from outside Delhi).
- Two passport size self-attested photographs.
Delhi University Eligibility Criteria
Applicants can check the DU eligibility for the courses before applying. The eligibility criteria details for Delhi University Admission 2019 given here:
- Applicants must be an Indian Citizen of India.
- Foreign Applicants apply separately.
- There will be no age bar limit for UG & PG courses to apply.
- Except for courses where respective regulatory authority, such as MCI, BCI, AICTE, NCTE, DCI, etc have prescribed age requirement of their regulations.
For Delhi University UG Admission 2019 Courses:
- Applicants should pass their Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (Class XII) of the CBSE or an examination recognized as equivalent to it.
- Pass the above qualifying examination with minimum marks as per the courses.
- Passed each subject individually (including practical’s if any). Applicants with compartment results are not eligible to apply.
- There is 5% relaxation in the minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST category applicants.
|B.Tech (Information Technology & Mathematical Innovation)||Passed 10 + 2 examinations with Mathematics.||Secure at least 60% marks in four subjects (including mathematics), 54% marks (for OBC), 57% marks (for PwD/ CW category) & passing marks (for SC/ST).|
|BMS/B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics/BBA (FIA)||Passed 10+2 examination.||Secure 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/CW/PwD) in four subjects including Mathematics & English and other two subjects from the list of elective subjects.|
|Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports||Passed 10+2 examination.||Secure a minimum of 45% aggregate marks.|
|B.A. (Hons.) Humanities & Social Sciences||Passed 10+2 examination.||Secure at least 60% marks in four subjects (including mathematics), 54% marks (for OBC), 57% marks (for PwD/ CW category) & passing marks (for SC/ST).|
|BA (Hons.) Multi-Media & Mass Communication (Only for Women)||Passed 10+2 examination.||Secure a minimum 75% aggregate marks of best four, including 85% marks in English (for general category).|
|Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EL.Ed)||Passed 10+2 examination.||Secure a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.|
|B.Com (Hons.)||Passed 10+2 examination.||Secure minimum 50% or more marks in Mathematics/Business Mathematics.|
For Delhi University PG Admission 2019 Courses:
- Applicants must have a Bachelors Degree from a recognized university as per the courses applied.
- The minimum qualifying marks should be 60% marks or 55% marks or 50% marks or 45% marks as per the courses.
- 5% relaxation for SC/ST categories in the qualifying marks.
|Entrance Category||Merit Category|
|Master of Commerce (M.Com)||Passed B.Com (Hons.) or BA (Hons.) Economics OR B.Com OR BMS/BBS/BBA (FIA)/BFIA & BBE.||Pass B.Com. (Hons.) from the University of Delhi.|
|Master of Computer Application (MCA)||Passed any bachelor degree.|
|LLB||Passed Graduate/Post Graduate Degree.|
|LLM||Passed a three-year/five-year LL.B. Degree.|
|M.Tech (Microwave Electronics)||Passed M.Sc Electronics OR M.Sc Physics with specialization in Electronics OR B.Tech/BE Electrical/ Electronics/ Electronics and Communication/ Instrumentation Engineering from DU or an equivalent examination of other Universities.|
|M.Sc (Physics)||Passed B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics OR Any Bachelor of Science or Engineering/Technology||Passed B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics from the University of Delhi only.|
|M.Sc (Microbiology)||Passed B.Sc (General) or B.Sc (Hons.) or an equivalent undergraduate degree.||Passed B.Sc. (Hons.) in Microbiology from the University of Delhi (After 10+2+3).|
|M.Sc (Zoology)||Passed B.Sc (Hons.) Zoology /B.Sc (Hons.) Biological Science OR B.Sc (Prog/General)/ B.Sc/B.Sc Life Science from DU or an equivalent examination of other Universities.||Passed B.Sc. (Hons.) Zoology/ Applied Zoology (3 Year Course after 10+2) from the University of Delhi only.|
|M.Sc Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology||Passed Bachelor in Biological Chemical or Physical Sciences|
|M.Sc Informatics||Passed Bachelor’s Degree under 10+2+3 scheme (B.Sc/B.Sc(H)/B.Appl.Sc) OR B.E./B.Tech. Degree in any discipline.|
|M.Sc Geology||Passed B.Sc (Hons.) Geology (3 or 4 Year course after 10+2) OR B.Sc (Genl.) Geology (3 or 4 Year course after 10+2)|
|M.Sc Computer Science||Passed B.Sc (Hons.) Computer Science (10+2+3 scheme) and B.Tech. Computer Science (10+2+4 scheme) OR B.Sc Program/B.Sc Applied Physical Sciences with Mathematics and Computer Science /B.Sc.(General) Mathematical Sciences, (10+2+3 scheme) with Mathematics and Computer Science OR Any Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3).||Passed B.Sc (H) Computer Science (10+2+3 Scheme) from the University of Delhi.|
|M.Sc Chemistry||Passed B.Sc (Hons.) Chemistry (3 Years Course after 10+2) OR B.Sc. (Genl.)/B.Sc (Pass)/B.Sc. (Prog.).||Passed B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry from the University of Delhi only with at least two papers of Mathematics.|
|M.Sc Biochemistry||Passed B.Sc (general) or B.Sc. (Hons.) or an equivalent undergraduate degree in any branch of life sciences.||Passed B.Sc. (Hons.) in Biochemistry from the University of Delhi after (10+2+3).|
|Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)||Passed Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Science / Social Science /Humanities/ Commerce or any other qualification equivalent to it. OR Bachelors in Engineering or Technology.|
|Master of Education (M.Ed.)||Passed B.Ed, BA B.Ed, B.Sc B.Ed, B.El.Ed or D.El.Ed. (Or equivalent elementary teacher education programmes) with an undergraduate degree.|
Delhi University Admission Form 2019
DU Application Dates & Mode:
- The DU application form 2019 for all the programmes is available through online mode.
- DU registration form 2019 was started from 30th May 2019 (For UG Exam), 3rd June 2019 (For PG Exam) & 30th May 2019 (For UG Merit).
- There is no facility for DU registration 2019 via offline mode.
- Delhi University Admission Form the last date to fill & submit was 22nd June 2019 (For UG Entrance), 17th June 2019 (For PG Entrance) & 22nd June 2019 (For UG Merit).
DU Admission 2019 Other Details:
- Applicants can fill the DU admission form 2019 carefully, no changes will allow after the fee payment.
- At the time of registration, applicants have to fill the preference of courses & colleges as per their choices.
- Applicants should take the printout copy of the application for further use.
- There will be no need to send the hard copy of the application through offline mode.
- Before registration, applicants are kept ready with the following documents:
- Applicant Scanned Passport size photograph (Size: 10-50 KB in JPG/JPEG/PNG format).
- Applicant Scanned Signature (Size: 10-50 KB in JPG/JPEG/PNG format).
- Self -Attested Class X certificate/mark sheet (Size: 100-500 KB in JPG/JPEG/PNG format).
- Self -Attested Class XII Mark Sheet (Size: 100-500 KB in JPG/JPEG/PNG format).
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (Size: 100-500 KB in JPG/JPEG/PNG format).
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate issued on or after March 31, 2019 (Size: 100-500 KB in JPG/JPEG/PNG format).
- EWS Certificate issued by SDM, dated March 31, 2019 or later (Size: 100-500 KB in JPG/JPEG/PNG format)
- Self-attested copies of Sports and/or ECA certificates (Size: 100-500 KB in JPG/JPEG/PNG format).
- The payment of fees can be done through Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking. The application fee details are mentioned below:
|UG Entrance Based||UG Merit Based||PG Entrance Based|
|UR/OBC||Rs. 750 for each course||Rs. 250||Rs. 500 for each course|
|SC/ST/PwD/EWS||Rs. 300 for each course||Rs. 100||Rs. 250 for each course|
|Sports (Each Category)||–||Rs. 100 (Additional)||–|
|ECA (Each Category)||–||Rs. 100 (Additional)||–|
Click here to check DU 2019 Information Bulletin (UG).
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
Question: Will I have to fill a separate application for entrance based & merit-based courses?
Answer: No. You can apply on one application for entrance & merit-based courses.
Question: Can I apply for multiple courses?
Answer: Yes. Note that, you can apply in entrance based as well as merit-based courses through the same application.
Question: While registration, I made an error. Do I need to register again by using different email ID or mobile number?
Answer: No. You are only allowed to register once. But you can rectify your error by login again into the account via the ‘Edit’ button till the fee is not submitted.
Question: Is there any disadvantage for gap year applicants?
Answer: No. Applicants are treated as regular students.
Question: Will the admission given to the applicants on a first-come, first serve policy after cut-off release?
Answer: No. The admission will consider based on application forms, stratify eligibility criteria & cut off for a particular course in a particular college.
Question: Can I get admission to the two different programmes or the same programme in a different college?
Answer: No. If you take admission into two places, then your admission will cancel from both the courses/colleges.
Question: Can NIOS students apply for a regular college?
Question: Do I need to fill separate application forms to apply to different colleges?
Answer: No. There will be no need to fill separate applications for different colleges. By filing a single application, you are eligible for Delhi University Admission 2019 into different colleges (except St. Stephens & Jesus & Marry College).
Question: I have a compartment in class 12th. Can I fill the application form?
Answer: Yes. But you will get admission only after fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria/cut off.
For any other query about Delhi University Admission 2019, you can ask your comment below.