IIT JAM 2020 Application Form has been released now. It is organized for admission to the 2 year M.Sc, Joint M.Sc- Ph.D, M.Sc.-Ph.D Dual Degree & other Post-Bachelor’s Degree courses. IIT JAM exam is managed by the IITs and IISc, Bangalore on rotation basis. This year, it is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur. It is a national level examination. JAM score will be used by IISc for admission to the Integrated Ph.D course. It is also used by other centrally funded technical institutions such as NIT, SLIET Punjab, IIEST Shibpur & IISERs for admission to their courses. In this article, we are providing complete details about IIT JAM 2020 including application form, eligibility criteria, exam dates, pattern, syllabus, etc.
IIT JAM 2020 Latest Updates – Application Form Released
IIT JAM 2020 Application Form has been released now. Click here to fill application form.
IIT JAM 2020 Exam Dates
Check here to get information about official IIT JAM Exam Dates 2020:
|Online Application Availability||5th September 2019|
|Last Date for Application Submission & Uploading of Documents||8th October 2019|
|Mock Test Available||To be announced later|
|Availability of Admit Card||7th January 2020|
|IIT JAM Examination||9th February 2020
Biotechnology (BT), Mathematical Statistics (MS) and Physics(PH): 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG) and Mathematics (MA): 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
|Result Declaration||20th March 2020|
|Score Card Release||3rd April to 31st July 2020|
|Submission of Application Form for Admission||9th to 22nd April 2020|
|Last Date for Receipt of Request for Change of Category in Proper Format/Rectification of Defective Documents||4th May 2020|
|1st Admission List||1st June 2020|
|2nd Admission List||16th June 2020|
|3rd & Final Admission List||29th June 2020|
IIT JAM Eligibility 2020
Applicants should fulfill the given IIT JAM eligibility criteria 2020 before applying for IIT JAM 2020 entrance test:
- Indian/Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply.
- There will be no age restriction for apply.
- Applicants must have a bachelor degree from the recognized university.
- Applicants should secure at least 55% marks (for General/OBC (NCL)/EWS category) & 50% marks (for SC/ST and PwD category).
- Appearing applicants are also eligible to apply for IIT JAM entrance exam.
IIT JAM 2020 Application Form
Click Here to check IIT JAM 2020 Information Bulletin.
- Applicants can apply for IIT JAM Registration 2020 only through online mode (JAM Online Application Procession System (JOAPS)).
- IIT JAM Application Form 2020 is available from 5th September to 8th October 2020.
- At the time of application filling, applicants have to choose three cities for exam centers.
- Applicants also have to upload scanned photograph (Dimension: 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm, Size: 5KB to 200KB), signature (Dimension: 2 cm × 7 cm, Size: 5KB to 100KB) & other documents in a JPEG format.
- Application details cannot be rectified/changed once it submitted.
- Take the printout copy of the confirmation page of IIT JAM 2020 Registration form for further use.
- The application status will be updated after the scrutiny of the application.
- There will be no need to send any hard copy/printed copy of the application to the authority.
- The application fee can be submitted through online mode (net banking, debit or credit card).
- The fee details as per the categories are given below:
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers||Both Test Papers|
|Any One Test Paper|
|Female (All Categories)/SC/ST/PwD||Rs. 750||Rs. 300||Rs. 1050|
|All Others||Rs. 1500||Rs. 600||Rs. 2100|
IIT JAM Application Correction 2020
- Applicants can make minor modification/correction in the application form through online mode.
- The IIT JAM 2020 Application correction will be done only in some particulars such as category, gender, PwD status and exam city.
- The requests for change of category, if any, with proper documentation, should be made latest by 4th May 2020.
- Requests received after this date will not be accepted under any circumstances.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2020
In this section, applicants can know IIT JAM 2020 exam pattern complete details:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held on 9th February 2020 (Sunday) through online mode (computer based test).
- Session: The examination will be conducted in two sessions, i.e. 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM & 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM.
- Papers: The examination will be comprised of six test papers, i.e. Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) and Physics (PH).
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
- Medium: The medium for all test papers will be English
- Number of Questions: Total 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Type of Questions: In the examination, the questions will be fully objective type namely, Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), Multiple Select Questions (MSQs) & Numerical Answer Type (NAT).
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: In Section A (MCQ), there will be negative marking for wrong answer. For each wrong answer (1 mark questions), 1/3 mark will be deducted & similarly for each wrong answer (2 marks questions), 2/3 mark will be deducted. There will be no negative marking for Section B (MSQ) & Section-C (NAT).
|Sections||Type of Questions||Number of Questions||Marking Scheme||Total Marks|
|Section A||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||30 Questions||10 questions (One mark each)
20 questions (Two marks each)
|Section B||Multiple Select Questions (MSQs)||10 Questions||10 questions (Two mark each)||20|
|Section C||Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions||20 Questions||10 questions (One mark each)
10 questions (Two marks each)
|Total||60 Questions||100 marks|
IIT JAM 2020 Syllabus
Applicants can prepare for the examination from the given syllabus. IIT JAM Syllabus 2020 is prescribed by the exam conducting authority. Check below for complete syllabus:
- Physics (10+2 level): Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, etc.
- Chemistry (10+2+3 level): Atomic Structure, Chemical bonding, Chemical kinetics, Electrochemistry, Chemistry of Functional Groups, etc.
- Mathematics (10+2 level): Sets, Relations and Functions, Mathematical Induction, Logarithms, Complex numbers, Trigonometry, Circles, Conic Sections, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Statistics, Three Dimensional Geometry, Vectors, Matrices and Determinants, Probability, Functions, limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Differential Equations, etc.
- Biology (10+2+3 level): General Biology, Biochemistry and Physiology, Basic Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology & Microbiology. Know More…..
- Physical Chemistry: Basic Mathematical Concepts, Atomic and Molecular Structure, Theory of Gases, Solid State, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical and Phase Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Adsorption, Spectroscopy, etc.
- Organic Chemistry: Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry and Stereochemistry, Organic Reaction Mechanism and Synthetic Applications, Qualitative Organic Analysis, Natural Products Chemistry, Aromatic and Heterocyclic Chemistry, etc.
- Inorganic Chemistry: Periodic Table, Chemical Bonding and Shapes of Compounds, Main Group Elements (s and p blocks), Transition Metals (d block), Bioinorganic Chemistry, Instrumental Methods of Analysis, Analytical Chemistry, etc. Know More…..
- The Planet Earth, Geomorphology, Structural Geology, Palaeontology, Stratigraphy, Mineralogy, Petrology, Economic Geology, Applied Geology, etc. Know More…..
- Sequences and Series of Real Numbers, Functions of One Real Variable, Functions of Two or Three Real Variables, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Group Theory, Linear Algebra, Real Analysis, etc. Know More…..
Mathematical Statistics (MS):
- Mathematics: Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Matrices, etc.
- Statistics: Probability, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Joint Distributions, Sampling Distributions, Limit Theorems, Estimation, Testing of Hypotheses, etc. Know More…..
- Mathematical Methods, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Oscillations, Waves and Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, Kinetic Theory, Thermodynamics, Modern Physics, Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics. Know More…..
Click Here to check IIT JAM Previous Year Question Papers.
The JAM 2020 Examination is conducted in collaboration with eight zones.
|IISC, Bangalore||Bengaluru, Hubballi (Hubli), Hyderabad, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangaluru (Mangalore), Palakkad, Thrissur.|
|IIT, Bombay||Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Vadodara.|
|IIT, Delhi||Faridabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram (Gurgaon), Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jind, Jodhpur, New Delhi.|
|IIT, Guwahati||Agartala, Asansol – Durgapur, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Shillong, Siliguri.|
|IIT, Kanpur||Agra, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Prayagraj (Allahabad), Varanasi.|
|IIT, Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam.|
|IIT, Madras||Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Warangal.|
|IIT, Roorkee||Dehradun, Ghaziabad, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, Mohali, Moradabad, Noida, Roorkee.|
IIT JAM 2020 Admit Card
- IIT JAM admit card 2020 will be issued through online mode from the website.
- Applicants can download admit card from 7th January 2020.
- There will be no facility to send the IIT JAM hall ticket by post/E-mail.
- Applicants should bring a printout copy of the admit card along with original & valid photo identification to the exam center.
- The Admit Card should be presented to the invigilators/JAM officials for verification.
IIT JAM Answer Key 2020
- After a few days of the examination, the authority will release answer key along with the question paper.
- IIT JAM 2020 answer key will be available through online mode only.
- Applicants can check it in the month of February 2020.
- Applicants can also submit challenge against the answer key with requisite fee.
- The final answer key will be released by the authority after provisional answer key.
IIT JAM 2020 Result
- IIT JAM Result 2020 will be declared on 20th March 2020.
- Applicants can check the result/merit list through online mode.
- For each test paper, All India Rank (AIR) will be assigned to all appeared applicants on the basis of performance in the test paper.
- The separate IIT JAM 2020 merit list will be prepared for GEN, OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PwD category applicants.
- Applicants can download their IIT JAM score card 2020 from 3rd April 2020 to 31st July 2020.
- The score card indicates All India Rank (AIR) & the marks secured by the applicants.
IIT JAM 2020 Counselling
- Only applicants those qualify IIT JAM exam will be eligible to apply for IIT JAM 2020 admission.
- Qualified applicants have to fill application form for admission through online mode.
- The admission form will be available from 9th April to 22nd April 2020.
- The admission fee will be Rs. 600 (non-refundable).
- The first admission list will be announced on 1st June 2020 through online mode.
- At the time of admission, applicants should carry original documents for verification.
If you have any query about IIT JAM 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comments below.