JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Date has been relesaed now. The examination is conducted to offer admission into bachelor’s, integrated master’s and dual degree courses in all the IITs. These courses are offered in the field of engineering, sciences, or architecture. JEE Advanced examination is managed by the IITs under the guidance of the JAB (Joint Admission Board). For 2020, the examination is regulated by the IIT, Delhi. It is a national level examination. In this article, we are providing complete information about JEE Advanced 2020 including Architecture Aptitute Test, Registration, eligibility criteria, exam dates, patter, syllabus, etc.
JEE Advanced 2020 Latest Updates – Exam Date Released
JEE Advanced Exam Dates 2020
Check this section to know about official JEE Advanced important dates 2020:
|JEE Main 2020 Examination (JAN Session)||6th to 11th January 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Examination (April Session)||3rd to 9th April 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Result||31st January 2020
30th April 2020
|JEE Advanced Online Registration Starts||May 2020|
|Last date for registration||May 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||May 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Date||17th May 2020 (9 AM to 12 Noon & 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM)
|Candidate Response Sent to the candidates||May 2020|
|Answer Key Release||June 2020|
|Feedback & Comments of Answer Key||June 2020|
|Result Declaration||June 2020|
|AAT Online Registration Starts||June 2020|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Exam Date||June 2020|
|AAT Result Announcement||June 2020|
|Seat Allotment Release||June 2020|
JEE Advanced Eligibility 2020
All the applicants must fulfill JEE Advanced 2020 eligibility criteria to appear in the JEE Advanced entrance exam. The eligibility for JEE advanced is given below:
For Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI):
Performance in JEE Main 2020:
- Applicants should be among the top 2,45,000 (including all categories) in JEE Main 2020 (Paper 1).
- Applicants should be born on or after 1st October 1995.
- There is 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST/PwD categories applicants.
Number of Attempts:
- Applicants can attempt JEE Advanced entrance exam maximum of two times in two consecutive years.
Appearance in Class 10+2 (or equivalent) Examination:
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants should pass their 10+2 or its equivalent examination from the recognized board in 2019 or 2020.
- Qualifying Marks: Applicants should secure at least 75% aggregate marks (65% marks for SC/SY/PwD) in the above qualifying exam. OR Must be within category wise top 20 percentile of successful applicants in their respective board examination.
Earlier Admission at IITs:
- Applicants should not been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program OR accepted an IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past.
- Applicants, those admissions at IITs were cancelled after joining any IIT is also not eligible to apply for JEE Advanced.
- Applicants, those have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2019 can appear in the exam.
- Applicants who paid seat acceptance fee in 2019 but did not report at any reporting centre OR, withdrew before the last round of seat allotment, OR, had their seat cancelled (for whatever reason) before the last round of seat allotment for IITs, during the joint seat allocation in 2019, are eligible to appear in the exam.
JEE Advanced Registration 2020
Here, applicants can check the details about JEE Advanced 2020 application form includes availability mode, releasing date, upload documents, etc.
- Applicants can register for JEE Advanced exam through online mode.
- JEE Advanced Application Form 2020 will be available in the month of May 2020.
- Applicants can fill & submit the application till May 2020.
- At the time of JEE Advanced 2020 registration, applicants have to fill choice of cities as per their preferences.
- Applicants also have to upload scanned images, i.e. Photograph, Signature, Class 10th Certificate, Class 12th (or equivalent examination) Certificate, category certificate (if applicable) in a given format.
- Fill the application form carefully, no correction will be allowed after the form submission.
- Applicants should take a printout copy of the filled application for further references.
- Applicants can submit the fee through online (credit card, debit card or net-banking) or offline (E-Challan of State Bank of India (SBI) bank) mode.
- The fee is non-refundable & non-transferable.
|Registration Fee for Examination Centers in India|
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||Female Applicants (all categories)||Rs. 1300 + GST**|
|SC, ST, PwD Applicants||Rs. 1300 + GST**|
|For all other applicants||Rs. 2600 + GST**|
|Foreign Nationals||Applicants from SAARC countries||USD 75 + GST**|
|Applicants from Non-SAARC countries||USD 150 + GST**|
|Registration Fee for Examination Centers in Foreign Countries|
|All Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||USD 75 + GST**|
|Candidates from SAARC countries: USD 75 + GST**||USD 75 + GST**|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries: USD 150 + GST**||USD 150 + GST**|
|NOTE: ** Exact GST amount will be specified as per Government of India rules at the time of registration.|
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2020
Through this section, applicants can know about JEE Advanced 2020 exam pattern details.
For JEE Advanced:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held through online mode (computer based test).
- Papers: The examination will be consisting of two papers, i.e. Paper 1 & Paper 2. Both the papers are compulsory.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the exam will be three hours (180 minutes).
- Language: The questions will be asked in both English & Hindi language.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will consist of objective type (multiple choice and/or numerical answer type) questions.
- Subjects: The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Negative Marking: There will be process of negative marking for wrong answer.
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Number of Marks||Marking Scheme (Per Question)||Negative Marking|
For Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT):
- Exam Mode: The examination will be organized through offline mode (pen paper based test).
- Papers: The examination will be consisting of only one paper.
- Duration: The exam duration will be three hours (180 minutes).
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English language.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice type questions will be asked in the examination.
- Applicants should bring their own drawing and colouring aids.
- Subjects: The question paper will comprise of questions from Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Number of Marks|
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2020
Applicants can prepare for the examination from the prescribed syllabus provided by the authority. JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus will be comprised of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subject. The complete syllabuses are given below:
- General: Units and dimensions, Determination of g using simple pendulum, Young’s modulus by Searle’s method, focal length of a concave mirror and a convex lens using u-v method, Verification of Ohm’s law using voltmeter and ammeter, and specific resistance of the material of a wire using meter bridge and post office box, etc.
- Mechanics: Kinematics in one and two dimensions (Cartesian coordinates only), Newton’s laws of motion, Kinetic and potential energy, Work and power, Systems of particles, Law of gravitation, Rigid body, moment of inertia, Angular momentum, Hooke’s law, Young’s modulus, Viscosity (Poiseuille’s equation excluded), Stoke’s law, Bernoulli’s theorem and its applications, etc.
- Thermal Physics: Thermal expansion of solids, liquids and gases, Elementary concepts of convection and radiation, Newton’s law of cooling, Isothermal and adiabatic processes, First law of thermodynamics and its applications (only for ideal gases), Kirchhoff’s law; Wien’s displacement law, Stefan’s law, etc.
- Electricity and magnetism: Coulomb’s law, Electrical potential energy of a system of point charges and of electrical dipoles in a uniform electrostatic field, Gauss’s law and its application, Capacitance, Electric current; Ohm’s law, Kirchhoff’s laws and simple applications, Biot–Savart’s law and Ampere’s law, Magnetic moment of a current loop, Electromagnetic induction: Faraday’s law, Lenz’s law; Self and mutual inductance; RC, LR and LC circuits with d.c. and a.c. sources, etc.
- Optics: Rectilinear propagation of light; Reflection and refraction at plane and spherical surfaces; Total internal reflection, Magnification, Wave nature of light: Huygen’s principle, interference limited to Young’s double-slit experiment, etc.
- Modern Physics: Atomic nucleus; α, β and γ radiations; Law of radioactive decay, Binding energy and its calculation; Fission and fusion processes, Photoelectric effect; Bohr’s theory of hydrogen-like atoms; Characteristic and continuous X-rays, Moseley’s law; de Broglie wavelength of matter waves, etc.
- Physical Chemistry: General topics, Gaseous and liquid states, Atomic structure and chemical bonding, Energetics, Chemical equilibrium, Electrochemistry, Chemical kinetics, Solid state, Solutions, Surface chemistry, Nuclear chemistry.
- Inorganic Chemistry: Isolation/preparation and properties of the following non-metals, Preparation and properties of the following compounds, Transition elements (3d series), Preparation and properties of the following compounds, Ores and minerals, Extractive metallurgy, Principles of qualitative analysis.
- Organic Chemistry: Concepts, Preparation, properties and reactions of alkanes, Preparation, properties and reactions of alkenes and alkynes, Reactions of benzene, Phenols, Characteristic reactions of the following (including those mentioned above), Carbohydrates, Amino acids and peptides, Properties and uses of some important polymers, Practical organic chemistry.
- Algebra: Algebra of complex numbers, Quadratic equations, Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, Logarithms and their properties, Permutations and combinations, binomial theorem for a positive integral index, properties of binomial coefficients, etc.
- Matrices: Matrices as a rectangular array of real numbers, equality of matrices, addition, multiplication by a scalar and product of matrices, determinant of a square matrix of order up to three, inverse of a square matrix of order up to three, symmetric and skew-symmetric matrices and their properties, etc.
- Probability: Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability, Bayes Theorem, independence of events, computation of probability of events using permutations and combinations.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometric functions, their periodicity and graphs, general solution of trigonometric equations, Relations between sides and angles of a triangle, sine rule, cosine rule, half-angle formula and the area of a triangle, inverse trigonometric functions (principal value only), etc.
- Analytical Geometry: Two dimensions, Equation of a straight line in various forms, angle between two lines, distance of a point from a line, Lines through the point of intersection of two given lines, Centroid, orthocentre, incentre and circumcentre of a triangle, Equation of a circle in various forms, equations of tangent, normal and chord, Equations of a parabola, ellipse and hyperbola in standard form, their foci, Locus problems, Three dimensions: Direction cosines and direction ratios, etc.
- Differential Calculus: Real valued functions of a real variable, polynomial, rational, trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions, Limit and continuity of a function, L’Hospital rule of evaluation of limits of functions, Derivative of a function, derivative of the sum, difference, product and quotient of two functions, chain rule, derivatives of polynomial, rational, trigonometric, inverse trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions, etc.
- Integral Calculus: Integration as the inverse process of differentiation, indefinite integrals of standard functions, fundamental theorem of integral calculus. Integration by parts, integration by the methods of substitution and partial fractions, Formation of ordinary differential equations, solution of homogeneous differential equations, separation of variables method, linear first order differential equations, etc.
- Vectors: Addition of vectors, scalar multiplication, dot and cross products, scalar triple products and their geometrical interpretations.
Architecture Aptitude Test:
- Freehand Drawing: It includes simple drawing depicting the total object in its right form and proportion, surface texture, relative location and details of its component parts in appropriate scale. Common domestic or day-to-day life usable objects like furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.
- Geometrical Drawing: Exercises in geometrical drawing containing lines, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons, circles, etc. Study of plan (top view), elevation (front or side views) of simple solid objects like prisms, cones, cylinders, cubes, splayed surface holders, etc.
- Three-dimensional Perception: Understanding and appreciation of three-dimensional forms with building elements, colour, volume and orientation. Visualization through structuring objects in memory.
- Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity: Composition exercise with given elements. Context mapping. Creativity check through innovative uncommon test with familiar objects. Sense of colour grouping or application.
- Architectural Awareness: General interest and awareness of famous architectural creations – both national and international, places and personalities (architects, designers, etc.) in the related domain.
JEE Advanced Admit Card 2020
- JEE Advanced 2020 admit card will be issued only those applicants who successfully register for the exam.
- Applicants will get the admit card only through online mode on the website.
- It will be downloaded in the month of May 2020.
- The JEE Advanced hall ticket 2020 contain applicant name, roll number, photograph, signature, date of birth, address for correspondence, exam center date & time, category.
- Applicants should bring a valid JEE advanced 2020 hall ticket along with one of the photo ID proof in original at the exam center:
- Aadhar Card
- School ID
- College ID
- Driving License
- Pan Card
JEE Advanced Answer Key 2020
- After a few days of the examination, the authority will be electronically mailed the responses to the applicants who have appeared for both Paper 1 & Paper 2 in their registered email IDs.
- JEE Advanced 2020 Answer Key will be released through online mode in the month of June 2020.
JEE Advanced Result 2020
- Applicants, those appear in both Papers, i.e. Paper 1 & Paper 2 will be considered for ranking.
- The JEE advanced rank list 2020 will be prepared on the basis of aggregate marks in the examination.
- JEE Advanced 2020 Result (Category-wise All India Ranks) will be declared in the month of June 2020.
- Applicants can check their results only through online mode in the website.
- The authority will be sent any Individual rank cards to the applicants.
- Applicants can view their results by entering roll number & date of birth.
JEE Advanced Cut Off 2020
- The JEE Advanced 2020 cut off will be released according to the categories.
- The Cut Off for JEE advanced is the minimum marks which applicants have to secured in the examination.
JEE Advanced Counselling 2020
- The seats across IITs, NITs, IIITs and other Govt. Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) will be allocated by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA).
- Applicants, those qualify the examination will have to participate in the counseling process by filling their choices of courses & colleges.
If you have any queries about JEE Advanced 2020, you can ask your queries in the comment box below.