JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 is prescribed by the NTA (National Testing Agency). It is the authority which organized JEE Main (Joint Entrance Exam) examination. It is a national level examination. This exam is held two times in a year, i.e. JAN & APRIL Session. It is conducted for admission into UG engineering & architecture courses. Check this article to get details about JEE Main Eligibility 2020 including academic qualification, age limit, nationality, etc.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020
Applicants have to fulfill the JEE Main 2020 eligibility criteria to appear in the examination. If any applicants not fulfill the criteria their admission will be cancelled. Check this section for complete JEE Main Eligibility 2020:
- Applicants must be Citizen of India.
- OCIs, NRIs, PIOs & Foreign National applicants are also eligible to apply.
- The minimum qualifying exam should be 10+2 or its equivalent examination from the recognized board in the year 2018 or 2019.
- Applicants, those are in the top 20 percentile of the qualifying exam can also apply.
- For admission to NITs, CFTIs & IIITs, applicants must secure minimum 75% marks (65% marks for SC/ST category applicants) in the qualifying exam.
- For B.Tech/BE admission, applicants should pass the qualifying exam with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subject along with one of the Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subjects.
- For B.Arch/B.Plan admission, applicants must pass the exam with Mathematics.
- Appearing applicants are also eligible to apply for the examination.
- There will be no age limit to apply for JEE Main examination.
- Applicants who pass their 10+2 or its equivalent examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can apply.
- Applicants can appear in JEE (Main) for three consecutive years.
- The examination is organized two time in a year, applicants can appear in both the attempts.
- The attempts for an academic session will be considered as one.
- Applicants who had qualify 10+2 or its equivalent exam in 2017 or before as well as will appear in 2020 or later are not eligible.
- Applicants, those appear class 12th/its equivalent in 2016, didn’t pass in 2016, but passed in 2017 are also not eligible to apply.
- For Diploma holders: Diploma holders can apply for JEE Main but his/her rank will be considered only for JEE Advanced not for admission to NITs & CFTIs.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Applicants can get application through online mode. JEE Main application form 2020 is available from 3rd September 2019 (For JAN Session) & 7th February 2020 (For April Session). It is compulsory to read the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 carefully before applying for the exam. There is no facility to fill & submit the application via offline or any other mode. Fill the application before the last date. Read More…..
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: If an applicant has passed 10+2 in 2019 and appearing for improvement in 2020. Is he/she eligible to apply?
Question: How many times applicants can apply for JEE Main in one year?
Answer: According to the new scheme, JEE Main exam is organized twice in a year. So, the number of attempts for admission will be treated as one for a particular session.
Question: I appear for improvement exam in five subjects. Which scores will be considered for JEE Main?
Answer: Best Scores will be considered for JEE Main by the authority.
Question: I have a compartment in one subject. Can I still apply for the exam?
Answer: If you appeared in 10+2 in 2017 but failed in one subject & had appeared 2018, then you are not eligible. But if you appeared in 2018 & clear it in 2019, then you are eligible. If you failed in 2018 & appearing in 2020, you are eligible.
If you have any queries about JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020, you can leave your queries in the comment box.