JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form has been released on 18th September 2019. It is a national level medical test. This test is managed by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER). JIPMER PG exam is organized for admission to the PG courses, i.e. MD (Doctor of Medicine), MS (Master of Surgery) and MDS (Masters of Dental Science) in various specializations. It is held two times in a year, i.e. January & July session. In this article, we are providing complete details about JIPMER PG 2020 including application form, eligibility criteria, exam dates, pattern, syllabus, etc.
JIPMER PG 2020 Latest Updates – Application Released
Click here to fill application form (MD/MS).
Click here to fill application form (DM/M.Ch).
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Dates
Check this section to know about JIPMER PG exam dates 2020 for Jan & July Session:
|For JAN Session||For July Session|
|Online Application Releases||18th September 2019||18th September 2019||February 2020||February 2020|
|Last date for form submission||25th October 2019 (5:00 PM)
||25th October 2019 (5:00 PM)
||April 2020||April 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||13th November to 8th December 2019||13th November to 8th December 2019||April 2020||April 2020|
|JIPMER PG Exam Date||8th December 2019 (10 AM to 1 PM)||8th December 2019 (10 AM to 11:30 AM)
||May 2020 (MD/MS) (10 AM to 1 PM)
May 2020 (MDS) (10 AM to 11:30 AM)
|Result Announcement||On or Before 18th December 2019||On or Before 18th December 2019||May 2020||June 2020|
|Certificate Verification &
Payment of Admission Fees
||24th December 2019
|26th December 2019
||–|| May 2020
|1st Counselling||27th December 2019||–
|Admission Formalities Starts||30th December 2019
||30th December 2019
|Issue of Admission Letter||31st December 2019
||31st December 2019
|2nd Counselling||8th January 2020||–
|3rd Counselling||5th February 2020||–
|Final Counselling||26th February 2020||–
JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria 2020
Before filling the application, applicants have to fulfill the given eligibility criteria. The JIPMER PG 2020 eligibility for MD/MS courses are given below:
- For MD/MS, Indian Nationals, OCI & FN applicants can apply.
- For MDS, only Indian Nationals & FN are eligible.
For MD/MS Courses:
- Applicants must have an MBBS or an equivalent degree recognized by the MCI (Medical Council of India).
- It is compulsory to have 1 year rotating internship experience on or before 31st December 2019.
- The minimum qualifying marks is 55% aggregate marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST categories).
For MDS Courses:
- Applicants should complete BDS or an equivalent degree recognized by the DCI (Dental Council of India).
- Applicants must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship/Practical training on or before 30th December 2019.
- The qualifying marks are 55% aggregate marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST categories).
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form
- The authority release the application form through online mode on the website.
- JIPMER PG 2020 Registration for MD/MS & DM/M.Ch courses is started from 18th September 2019 (Jan Session) & February 2020 (July Session).
- There is no facility for JIPMER PG Registration 2020 through any other mode.
- The last date to fill & submit the application will be 25th October 2019 (Jan Session) & April 2020 (July Session).
- At the time of form filling, applicants have to upload scanned photograph (Dimension: 30mm width x 45mm Height, Size: 20kb to 200kb) & signature (Dimension: 80mm width x 35mm Height, Size: 20kb to 200kb) in a given format.
- Applicants should select three exam cities at the time of the JIPMER PG application form 2020 filling.
- Don’t forget to take a print out copy of the confirmation page for further use.
- The application fee can be deposited only through online mode, i.e. net banking, credit card, and debit card.
- Applicants have to pay 1600 (For GEN (UR), OCI, Sponsored, OBC), Rs. 1200 (For SC/ST) & Rs. 3000 (For FN) as an application fee.
Click here to check JIPMER PG 2020 Information Bulletin (MD/MS).
Click here to check JIPMER PG 2020 Information Bulletin (DM/M.Ch).
JIPMER PG Exam Pattern 2020
In this section, applicants can get complete information about JIPMER PG 2020 exam pattern:
- Mode: The examination will be organized through online mode (computer-based test).
- Exam Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours (for MD/MS) & 1½ hours (for MDS/DM/M.Ch).
- Medium: The examination will be held in the English language
- Type of Questions: The questions will be multiple choice type questions.
- Number of Questions: In the examination, for MD/MS, total 250 questions & for DM/M.Ch, 100 questions will be asked.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 4 marks will be allotted to the applicants.
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer, one mark will be deducted.
|Courses||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Basic Clinical Sciences||100||400|
|Basic Clinical Sciences and Biostatistics||30||120|
JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus
Applicants can start their preparation from the given syllabus. JIPMER PG syllabus 2020 for MD/MS is comprised of Basic Clinical Sciences & Biostatistics and Clinical Sciences subjects & topics.
- Basic Clinical Sciences and Biostatistics: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology & Biostatistics.
- Clinical Sciences: Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio diagnosis, Radio therapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine)
- Basic Clinical Sciences and Biostatistics: General Anatomy including embryology and histology / General human physiology and Biochemistry/ Dental Anatomy, Embryology & OralHistology / General Pathology and Microbiology / General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics General Medicine General Surgery /Biostatistics.
- Dental Science: Dental Materials/ Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology / Oral Medicine and Radiology / Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry / Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics / Periodontology / Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge/ Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics / Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery / Public Health Dentistry.
JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card
- JIPMER PG Admit Card 2020 (Jan Session) for MD/MS& DM/M.Ch courses will be available on 13th November to 8th December 2019.
- Applicants will get the JIPMER PG hall ticket 2020 only through online mode.
- On the day of the exam, applicants have to bring a valid admit card along with the photo ID proof (Aadhar/E-Aadhar, Passport, Voter ID, Bank Passbook with Photograph, Driving License and any other government ID with the photograph).
JIPMER PG 2020 Results
- Applicants can check their results through online mode only from the website.
- JIPMER PG Results 2020 for JAN session will be declared on 18th December 2019 (MD/MS & DM/M.Ch).
- Any requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained.
- The authority will prepare a merit list on the basis of the result.
- JIPMER PG 2020 merit list will be prepared on the basis of the minimum percentile for all the categories separately.
- The minimum percentile will be 50 (For UR, Inst, OCI, NRI & sponsored), 45 (For general-OPH) and 40 (For SC, ST & OBC-OPH).
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling
- The Institution will conduct centralized counseling through offline mode.
- JIPMER PG Counselling 2020 for Jan Session will be started from 27th December 2019 (for MD/MS) & 24th December 2019 (For DM/M.Ch).
- The counseling steps include registration, biometric finger print verification, image/photo verification, certificate verification & counseling.
- Applicants, those qualify for the counseling have to report at the venue on given date & time.
- The selection will be done on the basis of the applicant’s performance in the examination.
Documents Required on the Day of Counselling:
- Birth Certificate/SSLC mark List.
- MBBS Degree/ BDS Degree or Provisional Pass certificate.
- Permanent /Provisional Medical Registration/ Dental Registration Certificate.
- MBBS Mark Statement for MD/MS course/ BDS Mark Statement for MDS course.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- JIPMER PG 2020 Hall Ticket with seal of the Invigilator.
- JIPMER PG 2020 Rank Letter.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Residence Certificate.
- Category Certificate.
- Medical Certificate (In case of Orthopedic Physically Challenged candidates).
- 4 Passport size colour photograph.
If you have any queries about JIPMER PG 2020, you can ask us in the comment box.