Then, this is the best career option after 12th.
When people think about the medical profession, the first thing that comes in their mind are doctors & nurse.
But apart from these, there are various other exciting medical career options which one can consider.
In today’s world, the medical or health industry is one of the fastest growing & largest industries.
It is one of the most reputed fields not only in India but also in abroad.
For medical career, aspirants should start their preparation from the beginning of class 11th & 12th.
Healthcare jobs are in high demand across the country.
“What is Medical?”
‘It is a broad field of study which deals with acquiring knowledge that helps in the prevention & treatment of diseases and illnesses of human & animals’.
There are many good reasons that aspirants should consider medical field jobs. Health Care Jobs are the highest paying jobs in India.
The employment sector is also growing rapidly in the upcoming years.
This article helps aspirants to get knowledge about the medical course comprised of the list of the best medical courses & colleges in India.
Career in the Medical Field
Medicine is a vast career field in India. It is divided into two categories:
- Traditional (Alternative, Homeopathic or Holistic)
- Modern (Western or Allopathic)
The medical degrees cover these sub-disciplines, i.e. Human Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Biomedical, Veterinary medicine, Public Health, Nutrition and Health Management.
This field contains a broad range of academic courses which aspirants can pursue after 12th science (PCB). Aspirants can pursue bachelor, diploma & master degree courses in the medical field.
There are different courses in the medical field in India, which are provided by the different reputed medical colleges & research institutions.
Check the list of several medical/healthcare career options in India:
- Medical Lab Technologist
- Nutritionist/ Dietician
- Occupational Therapist
- Sports Medicine
- Speech Therapy
- Veterinary Science
- Yoga Teacher
- Good Communication Skills
- Cooperation with Patients
- Ability to stand for long hours.
- Good Health & Concentration
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
Eligibility for Medical Course
The basic eligibility to require for admission into UG medical courses is 10+2. Aspirants have to qualify their 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) subjects.
In the 10+2 examination, aspirants have to secure a minimum of 55% marks in the PCB subjects.
The lower age limit should be 17 years for all medical courses.
The admission to the MBBS & other medical courses after 12th biology are done through entrance examination. Aspirants should apply for a NEET exam to get admission into MBBS/BDS & other courses throughout the country.
It is a national level examination. This exam is managed by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Aspirants can also appear in AIIMS MBBS & JIPMER MBBS examination for admission into MBBS course in the AIIMS & JIPMER Institutions respectively.
The admission will be done based on the NEET cut off marks.
Medical Courses Other Than MBBS
Apart from the MBBS course, there are some medical courses which aspirants can pursue after 12th biology without NEET. There is no need to apply for a NEET exam to get admission into these courses.
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT)
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology (B.Sc in Biotechnology)
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology (Non-Clinical)
- Bachelor of Science in Cardiac or Cardiovascular Technology
- Bachelor of Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor in Psychology
List of Medical Courses After 12th
Here, we are providing the list of the most popular courses after 12th biology, which aspirants can pursue as per their interest and passion:
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS):
- It is a professional undergraduate medical degree for becoming a doctor.
- The duration of this course is 4 years and 6 months, including one year of internship.
- In this course, aspirants get quality education which helps them to contribute to the growing sector of health & medicine.
- The admission is done based on the NEET score.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS):
- This course is a 5 years duration, which includes 4 years of study followed by one year of internship.
- It is a medical field of surgery related to mouth handling the injuries related to the teeth, jaw, and gums.
- For admission, aspirants have to pass the NEET exam.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma):
- It is a 4-year duration programme.
- After getting this course degree, aspirants are eligible to get a medical shop license in India.
- The admission is offered based on these exams, i.e. TS EAMCET, AP EAMCET, WBJEE, IPU CET, MHT CET, BVP CET, etc.
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS):
- It is a 5 ½ years long course which includes one year of internship.
- In this course, aspirants can study about Ayurvedic medicines.
- For admission, aspirants can apply for NEET, Assam CEE, AP EAMCET, TS EAMCET.
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS):
- This degree is awarded after the completion of 5 ½ years academic programme containing 4½ year academic session and a one-year internship.
- It is a graduate degree in homeopathy.
- The admission is based on NEET & KEAM.
Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS):
- It is a UG degree course in the area of Unani medicine & surgery.
- The duration of this course is 4 ½ years & one year of internship.
- Admission is offered through NEET & KEAM.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc Nursing):
- This programme duration is three years. It is the only path to become a nurse in India.
- The admission is done based on AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing Admission Test, AFMC B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam, etc.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT):
- This course duration is 4 years include 6 months of mandatory clinical internship.
- It involves the science of physical movement which aims to prevent disease and disability.
Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (B.V.SC & AH):
- The degree course is awarded after completing a 5-year program of study.
- In this course, aspirants can get academic & practical knowledge in supporting the veterinary doctors in their laboratory.
- The admission is based on the NEET score.
Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT):
- It is a 4 ½ year duration medical programme.
- In this course, aspirants have to deal with the patients who have physical, emotional, mental, & neurological limitations.
Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT):
- The duration of this course is 3 years.
- The admission into this course is based on merit & performance in the entrance exam.
- Aspirants have to complete 10+2 in any stream.
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga (BNYS):
- The duration of this course is 4 years and 6 months with the one year of internship.
- Admission is provided based on the class 12th merit list.
Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS):
- It is a 5 ½ years duration course with one year of internship in Siddha medicine.
- Aspirants opting BSMS course after 12th are eligible to be called as a Doctor.
Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (DHMS):
- The duration of this diploma course is 4 years.
- It offers wide education in the field of homeopathic medicine.
- The admission will be done separately by each university based on their entrance exam.
Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharma):
- If aspirants are looking for short-term courses in pharmacy, then they can pursue this course.
- The duration of this programme is two years.
Doctor of Medicine (MD):
- It is a three years duration programme.
- It is awarded to the Physicians Doctors who have an MBBS degree.
- In this course, aspirants can deal with the non-surgical branch.
Master of Surgery (MS):
- The duration of the course is three years.
- This degree is awarded to the Doctors possessing an MBBS degree.
- MS is an area of study which specifically deals in the surgical branch.
Top Medical Colleges in India
There are many medical field courses which aspirants can pursue after 12th as graduation & postgraduate degree. Here, we have updated the list of top medical colleges in India:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- Armed Force Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER)
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh
Career & Medical Jobs Opportunities
Medical Jobs are high in demand due to the rising of medical problems in the country.
The medical field jobs have become one of the lifelines for the successful growth of the economy. It is one of the biggest & most prosperous industries.
HealthCare Jobs offers a valuable career growth path to the medical aspirants.
There are lots of career opportunities for the aspirants to work in hospital & health care administration. You can also get employment in the pharmacy industry, research labs and other related industries in India as well as abroad.
Medical graduates can make their career as a surgeon, nurse, medical technician, nutritionist, psychiatrist, veterinary doctors, etc.
After gaining years of experience, you can open your private clinic. You can also practice as a lecturer in different medical colleges to gain more experience.
Aspirants can find employment in the government as well as private hospitals. You can also work under various State Medical Councils.
- Medical Doctor
- Medical Officer
- Medical Professor or Lecturer
- Medical Assistant Jobs
- Optometrists & etc.
After MBBS degree, aspirants can either continue their general practice or apply for higher studies branches. They can apply for MD & MS courses.
HealthCare Jobs is one of the highest paying jobs not only in India but also in other countries. Medical Professionals can earn a decent income.
If you have a bachelor degree, you can earn approx 50k to 80k per month. The salary of the master degree holder should be 1 lakh to 2 lakh per month.
As a lecturer, you can easily earn up to 60k per month. The surgeon salary is depending on their talent, skill & experience. They can earn approx 1 lakh per month.
For any query about Medical Courses, you are free to comment in the comment box.