NEET 2020 Exam Dates has been released now. The examination will be organized Once in a year. It is managed by the National Testing Agency (NTA). NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) is conducted for admission to the MBBS & BDS programmes all over the country. It is a national level medical entrance exam. NEET Exam will be conducted through offline mode. NTA will be responsible only to conduct NEET entrance exam, result declaration & for providing All India Rank. Through this article, aspirants can get complete information about NEET 2020 including application form, exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
NEET 2020 Latest Updates – Exam Dates Released
NEET 2020 Exam Dates
Check this section to know about NEET Exam Dates 2020.
|Application Form Availability||2nd December 2019
|Last date for form submission||31st December 2019|
|Application Correction||January 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||27th March 2020
|NEET Exam Date||3rd May 2020|
|Response Sheet & Question Paper Release||May 2020|
|Answer Key Release||May 2020|
|Result Declaration||4th June 2020|
NEET 2020 Eligibility
It should be compulsory to fulfill the eligibility before form filling. The NEET eligibility criteria 2020 are given here:
- Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCI, PIO & Foreign Nationals can apply.
- Indian Nationals/Overseas Citizens of India, those want to pursue MBBS/BDS courses from a foreign medical/dental institutions have to qualify NEET exam.
- The minimum age limit should be 17 years as on 31st December 2020. The upper age limit should be 25 years (5 years relaxation for SC/ST/OBC & PwD categories).
- Aspirants have to qualify 12th or equivalent examinations from the recognized board with PCB & English subjects.
- In the qualifying examination, aspirants have to secure minimum 50% marks for general, 45% marks for general – PH and 40% marks of SC/ST & OBC category.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible.
- Aspirants, those belong to J & K state will not be eligible for 15% AIQ seats.
NEET 2020 Application Form
- Aspirants will get NEET Application Form 2020 only through online mode.
- NEET Registration 2020 will be starting from 2nd December 2019 & continue till 31st December 2019.
- The application form will not be filled or submitted in offline mode. Aspirants should be ready with scanned photograph & signature in a JPG/JPEG format.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1400 for unreserved & OBC categories.
- For SC/ST/Transgender, the fee will be Rs. 750. NOTE: Service/Processing charges & GST is to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
- The fee payment will be done by E-Challan & credit card/debit card/net banking.
- Aspirants will not be required to submit/send confirmation page or any other documents to NTA via fax/post/by hand.
NEET 2020 Application Correction
- NTA will provide correction facilities in the application from January 2020.
- The NEET application correction will be done only through online mode.
- No correction will be allowed after the last date.
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
- The exam duration will be for three hours.
- It will be held on a single stage on 3rd May 2020.
- In the examination, 180 objective type questions will be asked.
- It will be organized through Pen & Paper Based mode.
- Total 45 questions will be asked from Physics & Chemistry and 90 questions from Biology (Zoology & Botany).
- The question paper will be of 720 marks.
- Each question will carry 4 marks.
- There will be negative marking of one mark for an incorrect answer.
- The question paper will be asked in English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kananda languages.
NEET 2020 Syllabus
- The NEET syllabus will be comprised of class 11th & 12th core subjects.
- These subjects are Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- The Medical Council of India (MCI) recommends the syllabus after review of various State syllabi as well as those prepared by NCERT, CBSE & COBSE.
How to Crack the NEET Exam
For NEET Exam Preparation, aspirants should know some tips & tricks to crack the exam. Some tips are given below:
- Aspirants should prepare from latest exam pattern & syllabus.
- A study from the online video lectures & mock tests.
- Make a schedule to give equal time to each subject.
- Clear the doubts with teachers & friends.
- Solve previous years question papers & sample papers.
NEET 2020 Admit Card
- Aspirants will get the admit card on 27th March 2020.
- It will be provided only through online mode.
- Aspirants will not get the NEET admit card 2020 via post.
- The copy of the admit card will also be emailed to the aspirants on the registered email id in PDF format.
- Aspirants should preserve the admit card till their admission in MBBS/BDS courses.
- On the exam day, aspirants should bring the following documents along with admit card:
- One passport size photograph.
- Anyone of the authorized photo IDs (PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card (with the photograph) /Ration Card/any other.
- PWD certificate.
NEET 2020 Answer Keys
- The authority will release the images of OMR answer sheets & responses after a few days of the examination.
- Aspirants will check it through online mode.
- Aspirants will get an opportunity to submit a representation against the OMR sheet on payment of Rs. 1000 as per response challenged.
- The official NEET answer key 2020 along with question paper will be published through online mode in the month of June 2020.
- Aspirants will also challenge the answer key by payment of Rs. 1000 (non-refundable) per answer challenged.
- NTA will verify the challenges made by the aspirants.
- If the challenge found correct, then the answer key will be revised accordingly.
- On the basis of the revised Answer Key, the result will be prepared and announced.
NEET 2020 Merit List
- The merit list for 15% AIQ seats will be prepared by the NTA on the basis of marks secured in the NEET exam.
- NEET Merit list will be forwarded to the Directorate General of Health Services (Medical Examination Cell), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for online counseling.
NEET 2020 Result
- The NEET result of 2020 will be declared on 4th June 2020.
- Aspirants will download their result, marks cum rank sheet/rank letter through online mode.
- The authority will not release category wise result sheet to the aspirants.
- In order to be eligible for admission to the medical courses, aspirants have to secure a minimum 50th percentile (for general), 40th percentile (for SC/ST/OBC) & 45th percentile (for pwd).
- The percentile will be determined on the basis of the highest marks scored in the All India common merit list.
NEET Cut Off 2020
- The NEET 2020 cut off is the minimum marks which aspirants have to require for qualifying the examination.
- NTA will release the cut off through online mode.
- It will be published along with the result.
- It depends upon the following factors such as the difficulty level of the examination, the total number of aspirants appeared, passing a number of aspirants, etc.
NEET 2020 Counselling
- The counseling for 15% All India Quota and all seats of Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC & AFMC including Delhi University, BHU & AMU will be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services.
- The NEET counseling 2020 for other states/institutions/universities will be managed by the concerned authorities separately.
- The counseling will be held through online mode.
- At the time of counseling, aspirants various documents, eligibility criteria, self-declaration, etc will be verified according to the norms specified by the respective authorities and/or Medical/Dental Colleges.
For any query about NEET 2020, you are free to comment in the comment box.