XAT 2020 Registration has been started now. XAT Exam (Xavier Aptitude Test) is managed by the XLRI, Jamshedpur on behalf of XAMI. This exam is organized at all India level for management education. XAT score is used by the more than 150 management institutions for admission. Through this article, applicants can get complete details about XAT 2020 including registration, application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
XAT 2020 Latest Updates – Registration Started
XAT 2020 Registration has been started now. Applicants can apply till 30th November 2019. Click here to register for exam.
XAT 2020 Exam Dates
In this table, applicants can check official XAT 2020 Important Dates:
|Registration Starts||23rd August 2019|
|Last Date for registration||30th November 2019 (without late fee)
1st December to 7th December (with late fee)
|Admit Card Availability||20th December 2019 to 3rd January 2020|
|Mock Test Release||January 2020|
|XAT Exam Date 2020||5th January 2020 (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Answer Key & Response Sheet Release||January 2020|
|Objection Against Answer key||January 2020|
|Result Declaration||31st January 2020|
|Score Card Available||31st January to 31st March 2020|
XAT Eligibility 2020
Applicants should fulfill the given criteria to apply for the XAT entrance examination. The complete XAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria details are mentioned here:
- Applicants should be Indian Citizen.
- NRI & Foreign National applicants can also apply through GMAT Score Card.
- There will be no age limit criteria to appear in the examination.
- The minimum qualification criteria should be 3 years bachelor degree or its equivalent in any discipline from the recognized university.
- Appearing applicants are also eligible to apply.
XAT 2020 Registration
- Applicants are able to register for XAT exam through online mode
- XAT Registration 2020 has been started from 23rd August 2019.
- Applicant can apply for more than one programme.
- Last date to fill XAT 2020 application form will be 30th November 2019 (without late fee) & 1st December to 7th December (with late fee).
- Applicants, those apply for different institution, besides XLRI have to apply separately for the Institution of their choice.
- Applicants have to upload scanned Photograph (Dimension: 200 x 230 pixels, Size: 20KB-50KB) & Signature (Dimensions: 140 x 60 pixels, Size: 10KB —20KB) in a JPEG/JPG format.
- At the time of form filling, applicants have to choose two preferred test cities.
- Don’t forget to take a printout copy of the filled XAT application form 2020 for future use.
- The fee can be submitted payment through online mode using Debit Cards (RuPay/ Visa/ Master Card/ Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- The registration fee details are given below:
|XAT Registration Fee (Without late fee)||Rs. 1700||Candidates interested in XLRI programmes needs to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300 each.|
|XAT Registration Fee (with Late Fee)||Rs. 2000||Candidates interested in XLRI programmes needs to pay an additional fee of Rs. 500 each.|
|Indian Candidates applying for GMP through GMAT||Rs. 2500|
|NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programmes through GMAT||Rs. 5000|
XAT Exam Pattern 2020
Applicants can check this section to know about XAT 2020 exam pattern details:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held thorough online mode (computer based test).
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be three hours.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be multiple choice type questions.
- Number of Questions: Total 99 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Subjects: The question paper will be comprised of Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR), Decision Making (DM), Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI) & General Knowledge (GK).
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be allotted to the applicants for correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For incorrect answer, 25 marks will be deducted. There will be negative marking of 0.10 marks for unattempted questions, as well as, beyond 8.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR)||74|
|Decision Making (DM)|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI)|
|General Knowledge (GK)||25|
XAT Syllabus 2020
There will be no prescribed syllabus for XAT examination. XAT 2020 Syllabus will be consisting from following sections, i.e. Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR), Decision Making (DM), Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI) & General Knowledge (GK).
- Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR): Reading Comprehension, Sentence correction, Grammar, Fill in the blanks, Vocabulary, Analogy-based on vocabulary, Paragraph Formation Questions, Poem, etc.
- Decision Making (DM): Analytical Reasoning, Situational, Arithmetic, etc.
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI): Polynomials, Numbers, Progressions, Probability, Permutation and Combination, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Time & Distance, Time & Work, Equations, Data Sufficiency, Scatter Plots and Bar Charts, etc.
- General Knowledge (GK): Geography, National Capital, Culture, Books and authors, Personalities, Important Dates, History, Currency, Invention, Films, Science and Business, Current affairs, etc.
Check XAT Previous Years Question Papers below:
Exam City Centers
XAT 2020 will be conducted across India in the following cities.
Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Ambala, Amravati, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhatinda, Bhilai Nagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bokaro Steel City, Chandigarh/Mohali, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi-NCR, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Durgapur/Asansol, Ernakulam, Gandhinagar, Goa, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hooghly, Hubballi(Hubli), Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kannur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kota, Kottayam, Kurnool, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysuru(Mysore), Nagpur, Nashik, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Roorkee, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Siliguri, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram Tiruchirappalli, Tirupathi, Tiruvallur, Udaipur, Udupi Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal.
XAT Admit Card 2020
- The authority will release XAT hall ticket 2020 through online mode
- XAT 2020 admit card will be downloaded from 20th December 2019 to 3rd January 2020.
- Applicants can get admit card by entering XAT ID & Password.
- Without a valid admit card, no applicants will be allowed to sit in the examination.
XAT 2020 Answer Key
- After a few days of the written test, the authority will release the answer key along with XAT candidate response.
- Applicants can check XAT answer key 2020 through online mode in month of January 2020.
- The authority will also offer the facility to file objections and challenge the answer key.
XAT 2020 Result
- Applicants can check their result on 31st January 2020.
- XAT Result 2020 will be viewed only through online mode.
- After the result announcement, qualified applicants will be called for GD & PI round.
- XAT 2020 Score Card will be available for download from 31st January to 31st March 2020.
XAT Cut Off 2020
- Participating Institutions will publish their respective cut off marks for admission to the management courses.
- Applicants have to meet the cut off score of the respective Institution.
- The authority will release the XAT 2020 cut off after the announcement of the result through online mode.
- The cutoffs will be announced separately by each of XAT participating institutes.
|Sections||VA & LR||DM||QA||Overall|
|For BM Programmes|
|For HR Programmes|
XAT Selection Procedure
- The selection criteria will be different for different courses.
- There will be no centralized XAT counseling for admission to the management programme.
- Shortlisted applicants will be called for the further rounds by different participating institutions separately.
- The final selection will be done on the basis of XAT written test, academic background, relevant work experience, personal interviews & group discussion, etc.
- Applicant’s documents will also be checked by the institution at the time of admission.
If you have any queries about XAT 2020, you can ask us in the comment box.